Southern Ridge Home Owners Association Board Meeting

Location: Reliance Community Church

Meeting Date: July 22, 2019 Meeting Time: 6:30pm

Meeting Agenda Recorded By: Danielle Basile

Board Members in Attendance: Kip, Danielle, Tyler, Connie, Ryan, Brian, and Kendall


 Call Meeting to Order: 6:30pm

Approval of April/May Board Minutes:

Brian arrives at 6:36pm.  Brian motions to approve minutes as written, Kip seconds.  Motion passes 5-0-1.

Moved to Amend Agenda – Employee from Waste Connections discussed his proposal for trash service throughout the community.  He proposes being a “preferred partner”, which would provide reduced rates and fees for residents.  Board discussed various options.  Brian motioned to approve Waste Connections as the preferred provider, Ryan seconded, approved 7-0.  Board will announce when WC provides a flyer for the residents.

 Resident Open Forum: One resident in attendance, re-reviewed concerns regarding fines he received for landscaping issues (weeds and plantings).  HOAMS did not e-mail information to the Board and will have to send those to the Board for further review before making the decision.

 Treasurers Report: Working on report to show final costs of commons report.  Our accounts are right around $90,000.  Tyler noted pool service is roughly 50% more per month for chemicals, due to pool usage.  Looking into adding a second salt cell or possible other options.

Pool gate on East side is malfunctioning.  Brian and Tyler will check to see if there is a tweak that can be made to fix it.

 DRC: No updates.

Landscaping Committee:  Countryside raised concerns that a pump might be broken near Pawnee.  After inspecting, Brian determined the piece was working.  There is a broken main near Maxwell and some heads that aren’t working properly.  Brian has these flagged and will follow up with these.  Connie noted there is an evergreen shrub that is half dead in the Pawnee entryway, Brian will examine.

 Priority Business:

  • Little Free Library can be bought through the company or we can have one built. Danielle moves to approve $565 plus installation, not to exceed $700, Ryan seconds.  Motion carries 7-0.
  • Monument plan to be discussed at the next meeting – Connie will e-mail a plan to the Board.
  • Board Committees – Danielle noted that as the neighborhood keeps growing, we must look at getting help to manage the tasks and move the neighborhood further into a great community. Brian also commented that with the growth of homes and eventual new commons areas, the Board will continue to be burdened with more duties.  In order to start new committees, we would need a description of duties and goals.  The next step would be to find residents interested in helping.  Danielle will write a draft description of duties for the social/communications committee.  Kendall volunteered to write a description of duties and talk to neighbors about a safety committee.
  • Commons trash can options were discussed. Three cans were originally voted on, but Brian proposed only starting with one can.  Brian motioned to purchase one Black strap steel 30 gallon trash can, Tyler seconds the motion.  Motion passes 7-0.  Brian motions to put two small round mountable trash cans to be mounted on the outside of the fence to be ordered by Jennifer, Kip seconds, motion carries 6-1.  Jennifer to have HOAMS maintenance crew manage the install (not to exceed $175)
  • Trash Blind bid came in at $3500. This is a steel frame which involves welding.  The plan was for composite lumber which is quite expense.  Board discussed options for alternative materials as an effort to reduce costs.  Brian will look further at changing the materials and seeking additional bids.
  • Board entered into executive session. Board exited executive at 8:43. Tyler motions to approve discussed language changes to the agreement and resubmitting to account 47445 and 47444, Ryan seconds, motion carries 7-0.

Adjournment: 8:45 pm

* Next Board Meeting will be held on August 26th @ 6:30pm at Reliance Community Church (119th/Pawnee).