Southern Ridge Home Owners Association
Board Meeting
Meeting Date: Monday June 23rd, 2014

Call to Order: 6:32pm
Approval of minutes done electronically
Residents Open Forum (a time for residents to speak, concerns, comments that are not on the agenda. Please keep this to 2 minutes.)

  • A resident asked about weed control around the ponds.
  • Board was also asked to review covenants regarding rentals and what can be done to limit rental impact on neighborhood.
  • Lisa has asked for the board to vote on her having one tree in her yard (10621 W. Dallas St.). The DRC voted 1-1, and as a result of a tie, the board decides. Lisa did not vote. Nate motioned to approve 1 tree in lieu of the fact that previous board had originally approved one tree. Approved 2-1.

Reports of the Officers
Reports of the President
Reports of the Treasurer
Reports of the Secretary

  • Official Facebook page is up.

Reports of the Committee
DRC Committee
Maintenance Committee
Neighborhood Watch Committee

  • Sign is missing from sign from Lark entrance. Motion to add a post and a new sign to the lark monument. Pass 4-0

Welcome Committee –

  • need 4 cards and 4 gift cards as welcome gifts.

Old Business

  • -Pool house siding – Motion to accept Paradigm contract to replace pool house siding not to exceed $4000: Pass 4-0
  • -Security system- We need to refine the requirements to get a better comparison of bids. Camera for gate, pool, and parking lot.
  • -Pool maintenance/opening and closing –
  • -Drainage and flooded areas: SLM will bid on fixing issues related to drainage/flooded areas of walkways off of Maxwell. Nikki will contact affected homeowners. We will obtain additional bids, and will discuss further.
  • -Irrigation: SLM will look into existing monument irrigation, and adding drip lines to the upper levels of the monuments.
  • -Bike rack – Motion to add bike rack near pool gate: not approved.

New Business

  • -Mid-year review of budget
  • -SLM Weed Spraying – Motion to approve SLM to spray for weeds for 450 + tax: Passes 4-0
  • -Aquasizers repair of concrete – Step repair will happen tomorrow. Crack repair will coordinated.
  • -Trash Cans – Nikki will wright a letter to enforce the screening of trash can of residents.
  • Items as may arise

Next Meeting – August 4th, 6:30pm.
Adjourn 8:58 pm