Southern Ridge Home Owners Association
Board Meeting
Meeting Date: February 10th, 2014

Call to Order: 7:03 PM

Board Members Present:
Lisa Macy
Nate Schwiethale
Gary Balthazor
Jeff Horschel
Board Members Absent:
David Loose
Ashley Schrader

Approval of minutes done electronically

Residents Open Forum (a time for residents to speak, concerns, comments that are not on the agenda. Please keep this to 2 minutes.)

  • Shed on property on Fieldcrest. Info will be sent to HOA management for follow up.

Reports of the Officers
Reports of the President –

  1. Budget for flowers for entry way signs
  2. Omni’s Bill for November services. We did not have a contract with them at time of termination.
  3. Caruther’s want to build a garage on a 2nd lot they purchased. Garage is approved. They are paying dues on both lots.

Reports of the Treasurer

  1. Compilation is complete. Insignificant discrepancies.
  2. Motion to add 12 additional homeowners to collections. Approved 4-0

Reports of the Secretary


Reports of the Committee

DRC Committee – nothing

Maintenance Committee

  • Winter pool cleaning: one visit per month

Neighborhood Watch Committee

  • Vandalism is occurring. Need to build Neighborhood Watch program.

Welcome Committee – Nothing

Old Business

  • Signs: – Nikki found a place to make the signs for less than the price we originally approved.
  • Siding: – Nikki will get bids.
  • Bike Rack: – Location discussion: near pool or by basketball goal. Or both. More information at subsequent meetings. Planning to install before pool opening.
  • Contracts: Fierce/Lucan/Michaels landscaping contract. We are sticking with Suburban due to early termination fees. We have two years with Suburban for them improve their service to us before considering a new contract.

New Business

  • Basketball goal on 10414 Dallas Ct. –Article V section C item 3 of the covenants clearly state that portable goals are not allowed in the front for extended periods. Portable goals are not permanent, and cannot be submitted for DRC approval. The board stands by the covenants.
  • Participation of Board Members – Nate will talk with members about their future on the board.

Next Meeting – Will be at the Blubaugh offices March 13th 7 pm – pending Nikki.
Adjourn – 8:05